Sunday, November 13, 2011

Cleaning the Garage

Think of cleaning your garage.

In the first hour, you take care of the big stuff. Later, there are smaller items, harder to reach items, and items you aren't sure what to do with. Should the old punching bag go in the attic or the back yard?

By the third hour of cleaning, you are scraping the gum off from behind the workbench. Your volume-per-hour of garage cleaning is nowhere close to what it was in the first hour, but you are just as busy.

(Dig Deeper for WIPP Success, Jody Knox, The Albuquerque Journal, October 30, 2011)

While the above quote is an analogy for where the New Mexico Waste Isolation Pilot Plant is in dealing with the volume of nuclear waste, I think it is a perfect analogy for where I am at after having lived in my new home for one year . . .

I think I'm still in the first hour :)

No comments: